Clean + Easy Deluxe Pot Wax Warmer
GENERAL INSTRUCTIONS FOR WAXING
1. Check the wax temperature by applying a small amount to the client’s wrist or ankle before applying to other areas.
2. Clean the area to be waxed with clean+easy® Cleanse to remove any oil, makeup or perspiration and help wax adhere to the hair effectively.
3. Dust the area to be waxed with clean+easy® Absorb. This fine, gentle powder provides a barrier between wax and the skin which reduces skin irritation and increases customer comfort.
4. Determine the direction in which the hair is growing.
5. Dip a new spatula into the wax, removing excess on the sides by wiping the spatula against the metal bar or the sides of the wax can. Always use a fresh spatula every time you dip.
6. Place the edge of the spatula on the skin at a 90_ angle and push the wax along in the direction of hair growth only. Apply firm pressure to the spatula as you move it along. The correct spatula angle, 45 degrees, is essential for a smooth, thin wax application and effective wax removal. Do not allow the spatula to fall forward past 45 degrees. Do not allow the wax to cover any area not being treated. Do not apply a thick layer of wax. Wax should be applied in a thin transparent layer. Do not attempt to smooth out or go over areas onto which you have already spread wax. This will cause the wax to drag painfully on the client’s skin.
7. Apply ½ of clean+easy® Strips over the area with wax. Leave the other half to get a firm grip when removing it.
8. Rub the strip firmly in the same direction as hair growth using the palm of your hand. Use the non working hand to stretch skin taut to minimize your client’s discomfort.
9. Remove the strip as quickly and as close to the skin as possible using a quick, smooth motion. Never pull directly up. Always pull parallel to the skin and in the opposite direction of hair growth. Mastering this technique is extremely important, as incorrect removal of the strip will cause hair breakage and bruising of the skin.
10. Always complete the waxing service with clean+easy® treatment products like Remove, Soothe & Restore to remove excess wax, reduce redness and inflammation, and to rehydrate and protect the skins barrier.
IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
When using electrical appliances, especially when children are present, basic safety precautions should always be followed, including:
READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE USING.
KEEP AWAY FROM WATER.
DANGER: As with most electrical appliances, electrical parts are electrically live even when the switch is turned “OFF”.
To reduce the risk of death by electrical shock:
1. Always unplug appliance when finished using.
2. Do not use while bathing.
3. Do not place or store appliance where it can fall or be pulled into tub or sink.
4. Do not place in or drop into water or other liquids.
5. If the warmer falls into water, do not reach into the water. Instead “unplug it” immediately!
WARNING: To reduce the risk of burns, electrocution, fire, or injury to persons:
1. Do not leave appliance unattended while it is operating or is plugged in.
2. Close supervision is necessary when this appliance is used near children or differently abled people. This appliance should not be used by children. Children should be supervised to ensure that they do not play with the appliance.
3. The appliance is not intended for use by persons (including children) with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities, or lack of experience and knowledge, unless they have been given supervision or instruction concerning use of the appliance by a person responsible for their safety.
4. Use this appliance is only for its intended use as described in this instruction booklet. The use of attachments not recommended by the manufacturer may cause hazards.
5. Never operate this appliance if it has a damaged cord or plug, if it is not working properly, if it has been dropped or damaged in any manner or dropped into water. If the supply cord is damaged, it must be replaced by the manufacturer, its service agent or similarly qualified persons in order to avoid a hazard.
6. Keep the cord away from hot or heated surfaces.
7. Never use while drowsy or while sleeping.
8. Do not drape the cord over a counter or a table top in such a manner that it can be pulled on by children or tipped over unintentionally.
9. Do not immerse in water or other liquids.
10. Do not touch hot metal surfaces.
11. Use this appliance on a level, heat-resistant surface.
12. Unplug from outlet when not in use. Allow to cool before handling, cleaning, or storing the appliance.
13. Test hot wax on a small area of the skin for warmth and possible skin reactions before using. If you are susceptible to allergic reactions or if you have circulatory problems, it is recommended that you consult a physician before using this appliance.
14. Do not use outdoors, or operate when aerosol (spray) products are being used. Do not operate where oxygen is being administered.