The clean+easy® Deluxe Pot Wax Starter Kit was designed with the needs of the professional in mind. With an assortment of spa treatment products and accessories this kit give you all the tools you need to wax easily and efficiently. Deluxe Pot Wax Warmer • Compact, economical, and easy to use and maintain. • Hinged, unbreakable Lexan cover keeps wax clean and hygienic and your waxing area looking neat and professional • Scraper bar puts an end to drips and waste and easily swings out of the way when changing wax can • Thermostatically controlled unit keeps wax at the perfect temperature all day • Adjustable temperature control • Lighted on/off switch Kit Includes: 1 - Deluxe Pot Wax Warmer 1 - 14 oz Original Pot Wax 1 - 14 oz Sensitive Pot Wax 1 - 5 oz Remove Post-Wax Remover 1 - 5 oz Restore Shea Butter Lotion 50 Pack Small Muslin Strips 30 Pack Large Muslin Strips Variety Pack of Large, Small and Petite Applicator Sticks 10 Pack Wax Collars Instructional DVD Offer Instruction Manual
PREPARING THE WARMER AND WAX 1. Plug the warmer in. 2. Place warmer collar around the pot of wax by slipping it on from the bottom and moving it to the top of the pot, below the lid. 3. Remove the lid from a pot ofclean+easy® wax and place it into the warmer. 4. Position the thermostat control dial in the "comfort zone" between position numbers 4 and 6. The temperature may be increased or decreased depending on your preference. Note: Close cover when not in use. GENERAL INSTRUCTIONS FOR WAXING 1. Check the wax temperature by applying a small amount to the client’s wrist or ankle before applying to other areas. 2. Clean the area to be waxed with clean+easy® Cleanse to remove any oil, makeup or perspiration and help wax adhere to the hair effectively. 3. Dust the area to be waxed with clean+easy® Absorb. This fine, gentle powder provides a barrier between wax and the skin which reduces skin irritation and increases customer comfort. 4. Determine the direction in which the hair is growing. 5. Dip a new spatula into the wax, removing excess on the sides by wiping the spatula against the metal bar or the sides of the wax can. Always use a fresh spatula every time you dip. 6. Place the edge of the spatula on the skin at a 45_ angle and push the wax along in the direction of hair growth only. Apply firm pressure to the spatula as you move it along. The correct spatula angle is essential for a smooth, thin wax application and effective wax removal. Do not allow the spatula to fall forward past 45_. Do not allow the wax to cover any area not being treated. Do not apply a thick layer of wax. Wax should be applied in a thin transparent layer. Do not attempt to smooth out or go over areas onto which you have already spread wax. This will cause the wax to drag painfully on the client’s skin. 7. Apply ½ of a clean+easy® strip over the area with wax. Leave the other half to get a firm grip when removing it. 8. Rub the strip firmly in the same direction as hair growth using the palm of your hand. Use the non working hand to stretch skin taut to minimize your client’s discomfort. 9. Remove the strip as quickly and as close to the skin as possible using a quick, smooth motion. Never pull directly up. Always pull parallel to the skin and in the opposite direction of hair growth. Mastering this technique is extremely important, as incorrect removal of the strip will cause hair breakage and bruising of the skin. NOTE: Never re-apply soft wax to newly epilated areas. 10. Remove wax residue from the skin with Remove Post-Wax Remover. Apply with tissue using slow massaging movements. This post-wax cleanser can also be used to clean the wax warmer. 11. Apply Restore Shea Butter Lotion to help soothe, condition and protect the skin. Apply with slow massaging movements.
To reduce the risk of burns, electrocution, fire or injury:
1. Do not leave waxing unit unattended when it is plugged in; keep it unplugged when not in use. Allow waxing unit to cool before you handle, clean, or store it.
2. Keep your waxing unit away from children when it is being used. Closely supervise it use by, on or near children or individual with certain disabilities.
3. Use this appliance only for its intended use as described in this manual. Do not use attachments not recommended by the manufacturer.
4. Do not use waxing unit if it has a damaged plug if it is not working properly, or if it has been dropped, damaged or has fallen into water.
5. Do not drop or insert any object other than our pre-filled roll-on cartridges into any waxing unit opening.
6. Do not use waxing unit outdoors, or when aerosol spray products are being used, or when oxygen is being administered.
7. Unplug this appliance before installing or replacing prefilled roll-on wax cartridge.
8. Do not apply hot wax near eyes or any heat sensitive areas, or to any skin injury, eruption or surface growth.
9. Do not touch hot surfaces. Grasp the white plastic body when handling. Do not hold the plug blade when handling entire unit.
10. Use waxing unit on a level surface, not on a soft surface like your bed or couch. Never go to sleep with waxing unit left on.
11. Do not use an extension cord with the waxing unit.
12. The physiological effects of this appliance have not been investigated by UL.